We are looking for a courteous, customer-focused Deli Associate who is committed to providing customers with the best service possible. Deli workers will clean and prepare workstations and displays, answer questions and respond to customer requests, and provide information to clients to ensure that they select the products that best fit their needs. They will be help prepare hot foods, rotisserie chickens, and other various casseroles.
To succeed as a Deli Associate, you should be polite, prompt, and knowledgeable. Additionally, you should be able to meet the physical demands of the position while providing customers with the best possible experience.
Deli Associate Responsibilities:
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to deli counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests.
- Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses.
- Preparing special orders and party trays.
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash, and confirming that tools are in working order.
- Following all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company.
- Cooperating with others to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Minimum age requirement of 16.
- Ability to lift heavy items, ranging from 15 to 50 lbs, and operate equipment, such as meat and cheese slicers, scales, etc.
- Able to work at least every other weekend
Job Type: Part-time